Built in 1887,Wightwick Manor, in Staffordshire was decorated by its owners, Theodore and Flora Manders using Morris and Co for many of the furnishings. Later additions to the building included the Great Parlour which was designed in the style of a Tudor Hall with screens, a minstrel gallery and exposed roof timbers. With Inglenook fireplaces, oak paneling and the frequent use of carved mottos the house must have been a source of inspiration for later Arts and Crafts Architects and designers.
The house today presents one of the most complete Morris interiors with decorations,light fittings, wall coverings, embroidery and upholstery by the firm which worked on the house, on an off for 40 years. The House also includes a collections of Pre Raphaelite art, Ceramics by William De Morgan, and hand knotted carpets by William Morris.
For further information and details of visiting times please check the National Trust website.